Arcata 215 Pot Grow Causes House Fire, Landlord Angry
A malfunctioning fan in a bedroom where marijuana was being grown is believed to have started a fire that scorched the room and stunned the homeowner -- who had no idea her tenants were using the entire house to grow pot.
â€I had no idea,â€ said Lavina Collenberg, who was called to the home on Alice Avenue just before 8 a.m. Thursday.
Arcata Fire Protection District Chief John McFarland said someone saw smoke pouring from the home and called.
â€It's the typical destroy your landlord's home to grow your marijuana,â€ McFarland said. â€œAbout 80 percent of Arcata house fires are related to dope growing.â€
|<< Surfer Survives Great White Shark Attack at Moonstone Beach||Hate and Racism Alive in Humboldt County >>|
This domain and web site may be for sale!